CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hail

Today it hailed. Twice actually. Big icy balls of frozen water coming down and bouncing off my black driveway. It was beautiful. As I lay flat on the cold concrete outside my house, I knew what my shot was going to look like. I was going to set my aperture to about 14 and my shutter speed to about 1/25. I had my camera flat on the ground, cause that was the composition I knew would look amazing. I was going to have blurred action of the hail bouncing off my black drive. What did you say? Where is this amazing picture? Heck if I know, I couldn't get my settings right. It was all blown out and looked like I did a macro of a solar flare. (not the look i was going for). By the time I messed with my settings and was  tttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssssssss close to getting it, the hail stopped. I was not happy and...I was dirty from laying on the ground. So, what I want to know is....how do you know what settings to begin with on a shot like like??  Anyone, Bueller, anyone.
So, I will leave you with these pictures of flowers by husband brought home for me this evening. Today was a bit of a heart breaking and disappointing kind of day for me and he was very kind and understanding. It felt lovely.








1 comment:

Jon and Erin, Hudson & Paxton & Dashel said...

I just picked up the phone to call you and realized it wasn't even 8am...so I'll wait to call....just in case by some sain amount of reason your able to sleep in, I don't want to be the one to wake you!