CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 3, 2010

sad

I know it may seem kinda morbid, and I have hesitated posting these, but I found this headstone to be beautiful. This is just how I found it. The flower, the leaves. I thought it was amazing.

I could not edit this photo to give it the exact look I wanted. I needed to be closer to ground level. Live and learn.
Yes, it leaves something to be desired, but I loved the slop of the hill leading up to the flag, and I really like the leaf-less tree on the right.

Today my Grandfather's wife passed away. They had been married for 13 years. I am amazed that it has been so long since his first wife, my sweet sweet Grandma D, passed away. I am sad for my Grandpa. His wife, although not my grandma, was a kind hearted, quite woman with a strong spirit. Although she was not my grandma, I would still like to wrap my arms around her frail little body one more time. Id like to tell her she was special and kind to me. Death is not something I deal with very well. The thought of not seeing or feeling the same with that person ever again is painful and hurts. I know we will see each other again someday. I just wonder if when I see my Grandma D, will she recognize me as her granddaughter. Will she remember how much we loved each other?  Or will we be strangers in that respect. I hope not, because I want to feel that same love for her when I hug her and kiss her again. Please keep my Grandpa in your prayers.

2 comments:

Jon and Erin, Hudson & Paxton & Dashel said...

I certainly will!

Carebear said...

I'm sorry for your loss Rhi, and especially for your grandfather. Thinking of you and praying for your family...