CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 2, 2010

May Day and Tea Parties

This post isn't about the quality of pictures I took, cause I didn't edit them beyond RAW.  They are about a great day spent with my kids. Yesterday, we spent the morning delivering 9 plants with Happy May Day notes hand written by The Girl.  It was so fun ringing door bells and running away. The Girl also had the great idea of delivering one to somebody we don't know. So we did that as well. Would have love to have taken one to a certain individual of Irish decent, if they didn't live five bajillion miles so far away.

The other night we had a women's tea at church. I was inspired by these women's memories of tea parties with their grandmothers. I decided " why wait till I'm a grandma" ..............Sorry I blacked out after writing that last word. Where was I, oh yeah.  So, we went to the local antique store yesterday and bought a incomplete tea set. Found a tea pot and an extra cup as well as a tray to put it on. We immediately came home and had a tea/ lunch in the living room. I was a bit worried about how The Boy would do, but he was fine. He occasionally warned us of impending dinosaur attacks, and his table manners were not perfect(he has on no pants). Still, hearing him say "please pass the grapes Sir" was priceless. Sydnie was adorable of course. Pouring Tea(milk) and adding sugar(chocolate quik) and passing out finger sandwiches. I need to get a cute table and cloth as well as some tea party clothes for kids. I can literally see the pics in my head. I did take these with my new 50mm.  woot woot.

The Girl announced that Jesus must be from China cause China makes allot of stuff and so does Jesus!!  Did I correct her? No way. Once again, she does not question his power and existence, just his origin. Its called Faith. I'm learning from her. Great memories were made yesterday.

2 comments:

Kira Baron said...

Oh, so cute, good job with your 50mm too. Such a fun idea to have a tea party with the kids:)

Jon and Erin, Hudson & Paxton & Dashel said...

I never got to go to tea parties when I was growing up, and I'm guessing I won't be hosting one anytime soon, so I wanna come to one of yours, it looks like fun! You're such a good mama! And I LOVE Sydnie's Jesus comment. LOVE the innocence of it all...