CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 20, 2010

12th Anniversary

Twelve years ago today I was waking up to a day full of beauty and excitement. My Mom was doing my hair and Cari was painting my toes. I was so glad she was there. My five little brothers and sisters were as cute as could ever be. I was so nervous to become his wife.. I was so excited to become his wife. My other Mom(Nancy) was helping me get ready. I was wearing her amazing dress. Cramming my dress into the stall when I had to "go" was a trick. My Dad walking me down the isle was a moment I will never forget. Beau and I giggled so much as we walked down the isle as Man and Wife. The reception was so fun and we are so thankful to our parents for all they did to make that day happen. Twelve years later and what do I wake up to?? Two beautiful, loving, unique children that God allowed me to Mother. A Girl who's laughter is contagious and a Boy who's breath smells so sweet I could bottle it. A husband who works towards the betterment of himself and our family. A beautiful home that fills with sunlight in the morning and laughter all day. And my camera(sorry, its kinda my baby now). What will the next 12 bring? I pray that God will continue to work in our family and lead me to be the mother he wants me to be. I pray that my children grow happy, healthy and with a heart for God(because that entails so much). That my husbands relationship with Christ continues to blossom(because that is a blessing to our whole family). I pray my daughter doesn't do half of what I did when I was a teenager and that my son doesn't do and eighth of what his father did!! Like the song we first danced to at our wedding, Your still the one, Beau.


2 comments:

Jon and Erin, Hudson & Paxton & Dashel said...

I love the post. And the pictures (man, you guys were just kids?!?!)Happy Anniversary sweet thang!

Carebear said...

Beautiful Rhi - got me a little teary eyed. Congratulations on 12 years, that is an accomplishment you should be very proud of. I'm grateful and honored that I was able to be a part of the day you became Mrs. Gates - it was a fun and lovely wedding!